I have a serious problem. I am NEVER comfortable in front of the camera. I've been told I'm photogenic but for real, it's so uncomfortable. I find it's easy to pick up a camera and document my family. I find it's hard to break out from photographer mode and get in front of the camera.
But alas, here we are. I asked my husband to help me update my photo (the one before was over 3 years old...) So, I awkwardly posed and now I'm sharing in an attempt to introduce myself.
I'm Alissa (and I pose awkwardly for photos ;)
I'm Alissa and I am a wife, momma and lover of creativity. I always have some project or idea brewing in my mind. It may take months (years...) for it to come to fruition but it's there, somewhere. Here are twenty other random facts about me, in no particular order...
1) I went to school for Early Childhood/Special Education and Spanish
2) I have a closet full of art supplies that I wish saw the light of day more often
3) I have a weakness for Dark Chocolate Raspberry Custard
4) I can touch my tongue to my nose and wiggle my ears
5) I love peonies.....and lilacs....and dahlias. Sheesh, I love all flowers.
6) I always knew I wanted to be a mom and strive to stay at home with my kiddos
7) I rarely use a recipe when making dinner
8) I battle autoimmune disease(s) More on that on a later date...
9) If I can DIY, I will
10) I was a foreign exchange student in Ecuador
11) I almost went to school for International Business....and then Interior Design
12) I've cloth diapered all three of my babies and seriously saved thousands
13) I thoroughly enjoy coffee and tea
14) I can't keep succulents alive but I have a pretty productive veggie garden
15) I find clothing at garage sales and thrift shops and flip them for profit
16) I love the smell of fresh laundry
17) I try to be as natural as possible with my health and my families health. More on that later...
18) I'm a former public school student and employee...and I am homeschooling my kids.
19) My favorite holiday (other than Christmas) is the 4th of July.
20) I've been a MOPS momma for 5 years
Thanks for stopping by!!
and here's me again (Hopefully it won't be another 3 years until my next headshot)
This blog is a way to look deeper into my world. It’s a way for me to join two of
my favorite hobbies and passions- photography and writing. This is a place where I will share sessions and share stories.
My goal as a photographer is to find beauty in the mundane. To see the grand memories that can
stem from the everyday things that we overlook on a daily basis. As a mama, I find myself micro-managing my every day. From laundry to cooking and cleaning (ha!) I sometimes miss out on what my little guy is doing, what’s happening in nature all around my house or in this town. There are thousands of things screaming to be documented each and every day.
My personal goal is to seek out these moments, photograph them, reflect on them and give thanks for the beauty that is present in this world
Welcome to my crazy, lovely, wonderful journey.
I love simplicity and taking time to cherish beauty. My hope is to inspire, encourage and connect. Find all my session featured here.